We should all know sales is the lifeblood of most any organization. I know it is in my business. A solid sales force, whether outsourced or in house, can put an organization on the map. It can exponentially grow revenue and cement a business' success. I came across these facts/statements on http://www.bizcommunity.com/ and wanted to share them. Take a look...
- A world class sales benchmarking study reveals that the calibre of the salesperson, in the B2B environment, is the most important factor influencing customers’ decisions to buy.
- In many sales forces, 20% of the sales force deliver 80% of the revenues. This means that hiring talented salespeople is essentially a random event. Tossing a coin would be as effective.
- 64% of salespeople who fail, do so because they are in the wrong job, not because they cannot sell.
- Top sales producers outperform average producers by two to one and outperform low producers by 10 to one.
- Caliper Corporation reports that 55% of people making their living in sales should be doing something else.
- Sales is a talent-based profession and training can only improve this by 20%. So a 5% can become a 6%, but an 80% can become a 96%.
- Replacing your bottom 20% of salespeople with only average performers would improve sales productivity by nearly 20%.
- Over 50% of sales managers are too busy to train and develop their sales teams.
(This information was sourced from http://www.bizcommunity.com/ )